AO Skintool 2.5
AO-Skintool's purpose was to replace the current/old scripts and myriad of tools at the time (2001-2006) that existed to extract and compile the AO GUI skin, and planet map. It is able to extract just about all skins and planetmap images be it old gui/new. RK and SL. It's able to do skin file extraction/compiling, planetmap extraction/compiling. It is small, fast, simple, easy. It does what it does and that's it! Uses OptiPNG to optimize the size of PNG files to a minimum filesize (optional choice during compiling of skin/maps).
Download AO Skintool Installer.exe 🡇 (400 KB)
- VirusTotal scan currently gives 3 false positives for installer.
- VirusTotal scan currently gives 1 false positives for AO Skintool.exe.
- VirusTotal scan currently gives 2 false positives for optipng.exe.
Changes: v2.5 - 3 March 2016
- Code updated to compile under PureBasic v5.42.
- "New" (2007?) AO skin format supported so decompiling and compiling GUI skins work again.
- Negative MapRect support added so the old AoRK map and others can be decompiled without getting a error. .
- Extraction of AO GUI skins that use JPG or BMP is supported, if AO-Skintool is unable to recognize the image format it will extract them as .raw files instead. If JPG or BMP skins exists or are actually supported by AO is another matter though.
- Removed all arbitrary limitations, map texturesize can now be whatever AO supports (default is still 128 though).
- Renamed the optimize PNG menu items.
- Redid the installer to match the behaviour of the one used for GridStream Player v5.0.
- Installer no longer require administrator access to install.
- Changed where settings are saved.
- Changed how temporary files are created.
- Metainfo stripped from PNGs.
- Edited the manual some and cleaned stuff up.
- Basic High DPI display support added.
- Changed the path and filerequesters a little, added remembering of all paths to saved settings.
- Skin compiling now shows progress while optimizing instead of halting during the optimize stage.
- AO Skintool is now released under the zlib license.
- Various other improvements/tweaks.
- Included OptiPNG v0.7.5.